"Capital of Hainan province" Haikou by Bob_Shan
Haikou Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 38 photos
It is a large are in the city center, in fact, it is the original city where the most traditional buildings are concentrated.
Today, most of them are occupied by small and low end shops, looks very crappy. Some parts of area were renovated and become tourism spots, like the food street.
One of the 3 crater areas in China. This one is a national park, which has 46 craters. The largest one can be access with stairs, and there is a paved way lead you down to the bottom of the crater. From the north rim of the crater, you can vaguely see the Haikou city.
The entire area is well vegetated, no many lava and volcano rocks can see.
To the west of city, it is free to the public, the "everyday" place for local people. However, the sands are rough and the water is very dirty. Not sure people will enjoy the swimming experience. Barbeque at night is nice though.
- Pros:Less crowded, cultural
- Cons:No much attractions, besides beach
- In a nutshell:Haikou is 10% of Hainan, the rest belongs to Sanya
Not a big collection of animals, in fact, quite a limited exhibition of regular beasts you probably see in any zoos... more travel advice
Bob_Shan's Related Pages
Haikou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hainan Island"
- "Hainan's Tropical Capital"
- "Haikou, Hainan Island."
- "Haikou - capital of Hainan."
- "Capital of Hainan province"
- "Hot Haikou"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haikou
- Hotels in Haikou
- Transportation in Haikou
- Restaurants in Haikou
- Shopping in Haikou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haikou
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Haikou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haikou
- updated a Haikou Travel Page "Capital of Hainan province"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chartered Van"
- Wrote a Review Hainan Tropical Wildlife Park and Botanical Garden in Haikou Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 8 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos