"Xia Men" Xiamen by Bob_Shan
Xiamen Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 671 photos
Gulangyu, the symbol of Xia Men, is a big island lies to the east of Xia Men island. There are shuttle barges available all the time, every 10mins. and 10 mins for each journey.
About 150 years ago, there were many colonizers, who from Europe, Japan and America, occupied this Island and built houses, which have become today's major tourism places.
The Fortress was built by the government of Qing Dynast, for the purpose to fight invaders from British and other countries in 1800's
The Krubb gun, now claims the biggest gun in the world, was the tooth of the fortress.
Built in 2002, the convention center is one of the most mordernized constructions in Xia Men.
The building is servered mainly for international events.
- In a nutshell:an old Chinese city with lots of colonial footprints!
Great 5 star hotel. Only 15 mins away from the airport more travel advice
generally with in 25 RMB, and 20 mins, a TAXI can take u everywhere from one site to another. RMB 8 plus rate charge (... more travel advice
Bob_Shan's Related Pages
Xiamen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xiamen - Amoy Port, Fukkien"
- "Xiamen (厦门)"
- "Island of Xiamen"
- "xiamen and gulangyu island"
- "China's Hawaii?!?"
- "Known in the West as AMOY."
- "Old Amoy comes good"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xiamen
- Hotels in Xiamen
- Transportation in Xiamen
- Nightlife in Xiamen
- Restaurants in Xiamen
- Shopping in Xiamen
- Warnings and Dangers in Xiamen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xiamen
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Xiamen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xiamen
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 8 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos