"Historic Town of China - 2" Xitang by Bob_Shan
Xitang Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 100 photos
Pretty scenes and fertile land in Xitang gestate a rich cultural atmosphere. Most of residents are good at writing and like raising birds and planting flowers.
In the history of Xitang, there are rich folk customs, such as strolling Sanctuary, Town God Temple Fair and Huguo Grain Official Temple Fair. These traditional customs are based upon the folk cultural activities, such as perform lion dance, Kylin sending son, God of Wealth presenting money ingots, scrambling for sedan, etc
Xitang Town is very unique among the old towns of the same rank nationwide-world-famous for a great number of bridges,lanes and covered corridors.Rivers crisscross in the whole town and bridges are densely distributed. Until 1998,there are 104 bridges in the whole town.During Song Dynasty,Xitang has 13 bridges,such as Anren Bridge,Anjing Bridge,AnshanBridge,Liren Bridge,Wufu Bridge,Yongning Bridge and Qingning Bridge.During Qing Dynasty,the following beidges were constructed-Anwolong Bridge,Duchan Bridge,Laifeng Bridge,etc.Most of these beidges are single-hole or three-hole stone pillar and wood beam bridges.Bridge geams have an exquisite craftsmanship.So far,they are well preserved and enjoy a highly admiring value-rated by Chinese and foreign tourists as "reclining dragon rises above water,rainbow soar in the sky".These bridges have a place in the history of Chinese stone hole bridges.
There are many rivers and brooks acrossing through the town. These circumstances are very common in most of South China towns.
- Pros:a good place for you to understand history
- Cons:but too many people
Bob_Shan's Related Pages
Xitang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xitang -- Best of the 6 major water villages"
- "Place to Relax"
- "A 1000 Year-Old Watertown"
- "One day trip to Xi Tang"
- "Historic Town of China - 2"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xitang
- Hotels in Xitang
- Transportation in Xitang
- Nightlife in Xitang
- Restaurants in Xitang
- Shopping in Xitang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xitang
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Xitang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xitang
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 8 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 14 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos