Brooklyn Favorite Tips by Nathalie_B Top 5 Page for this destination
Brooklyn Favorites: 27 reviews and 21 photos
Favorite thing: Located in the busiest intersection of Brooklyn, the memorial to the defenders of the Union in the Civil War on the Grand Army Plaza can be compared to the Arc de Triumph in Paris. If you happened to be in Brooklyn, start your tour from this point. Take a look inside the arc, you’ll find the art gallery and the view on the Prospect Park and Manhattan. The Grand Army Plaza is situated right in front of one of many entrances to the Prospect Park (Brooklyn version of Central Park), this one is the most impressive. Just across the road from there you’ll see the Brooklyn Public Library with its beautifully designed front door. If you keep walking a little bit further on Prospect Park West street, you’ll find the Brooklyn Museum of Art and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. From there go back to the Prospect Park and enjoy the nature of Brooklyn, unless you’re interested in participating in one of many activities which this park offers.
To get there: Trains 2,3, and Q
Info: 718- 965-8943
Favorite thing: Great views of Lower Manhattan over the East River from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. Take a walk, you'll enjoy it!
Favorite thing: Brooklyn has it's own Flatiron Building. Well, maybe the name is different, but the shape looks almost the same ;-)
This building is located on Grand Army Plaza, in front of the Prospect Park
Favorite thing: You won’t be able to see that much inside the Villa itself. It is now used by the park administration. If you’d like to get information about using one of the park’s facilities this would be the right place to go. But the Litchfield villa has a pretty interesting history and the architecture is great. The history of the Prospect Park starts right there. The founder of the house named Clark Litchfield was forced to give his dream castle and surrounding 24 acres of land to the city of Brooklyn in a1868. Later the Prospect Park was built by, the designers of NYC Central Park, Olmsted and Vaux.
You can read the full story HERE
Litchfield Villa is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M.
To get there take the "F" train to 7th. Avenue station.
Phone number for arranging special events 718-965-8969
Favorite thing: Once you've seen or maybe even visied the Litchfield Villa walk down hill back to the Park and you'll find yourself infront of the Picnic House. This place provides you with nice tabels for a picnic, restrooms and it is available for private events too. By the way, you can find there a soda vending machine as well, in case you're thirsty.
To get there take the "F" train to the 7th Avenue station.
More Reviews (12)
- Snow storms
- See All Park Slope District
- See All The perfect place for brunch
- See All Horseriding
Nathalie_B's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 17 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Botanical Garden- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- New York Aquarium- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Brooklyn Bridge- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Coney Island- 15 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Heights Promenade- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Grand Army Plaza- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Fulton Ferry Landing- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Prospect Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Williamsburg Bridge- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Park Slope District- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Brooklyn Things to Do