"Brooklyn" Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn by Nathalie_B

Brooklyn Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 752 photos

I used to live in Brooklyn for three years. To these of you who may not know Brooklyn is a part of New York City, it is one of it's five boroughs. If I return to New York I'll definitely go to live in Brooklyn again. Why? Because home it is something nice, warm, and quite, that's how I would describe Brooklyn. See the sign on the picture? Believe it! Away from noise, smell and skyscrapers ;-)

What you may find on this page?

Some people get bored surfing through the whole page, especially is they look for only one or two specific tips. I'll make it easy for you!

Must see activities:

General Tips:

Brooklyn Flatiron
Brooklyn Heights Promenade
Grand Army Plaza
The Picnic House (The Prospect Park)
The Litchfield Villa (The Prospect Park)

Transportation:

The Trolley (the Prospect Park)

Sport Activities:

Everything the Prospect Park offers.
Horseriding in Brooklyn

A lot of my tips are about the Prospect Park, worth a visit! It is a small version of the Central Park in Manhattan and was created by the same designers. Don't miss this attraction.

• Pros:Nice and quite atmosphere
  • Cons:Some neighborhoods are still unpleasant
  • In a nutshell:It is not less attractive than Manhattan!!!
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2007

• Aug 14, 2007 at 8:00 AM

Dear Natalie , I use to live in Brooklyn NY right on Eastern Parkway. The Botanical Garden was my playground. I use to walk to Grand Army Plaza , the Musuem , The Library. I loved living there. I now live in Tampa Florida. Sandra

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 10:56 PM

No good news yet, but there will have to be some someday. I am sure of it.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Hawaii!, lucky you, don't tell my nieces

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM

I'm suprized that you don't mention the ethnic neighborhoods of Brooklyn. Maybe i'll make that a study for a future page...

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 9:05 AM

My son got to see the ocean for the first time down by Coney Island. Isn't Brooklyn great.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Never knew about this historic house on 3rd ave. I always thought Brooklyn was boring (my grandmother lived there LOL), but I guess you can find interesting things anywhere if you just open your eyes.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 10:19 AM

Although I've never visited Brooklyn, I found your insights and information quite refreshing. My sister-in-law [an artistist] who lives in Manhattan is moving to Brooklyn. Sounds like it is a wise move.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2005 at 9:38 AM

Nice pages on Brooklyn Nath. You just have to add some more on Coney Island and the Aquarium.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 12:10 PM

I think if I lived in NYC I'd want to live in Brooklyn - so many interesting neighborhoods, great ethnic restaurants, and less expensive than Manhattan - though less so now than 10 years ago!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 5:44 AM

Great stuff Nathalie. Liked your tips a lot. thanks for sharing

Nathalie_B Used To Live Here!

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Brooklyn

Have you been to Brooklyn?

Latest Activity in Brooklyn