Arnhem Favorite Tips by Nathalie_B Top 5 Page for this destination
Arnhem Favorites: 41 reviews and 41 photos
Favorite thing: This is definitely one of the most attractive buildings of the Arnhem’s city center. I guess it is its special shape that draws so much attention. The beautiful ornaments are definitely worth a look. There are also a lot of terraces in the area, so you can find a nice spot where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and to have a great view on the building.
Favorite thing: If you arrived to Arnhem and not sure about where to go and what to do, you can always step by a "VVV" tourist information office, which is located right by the cntral train station.
I would not suggest you to by any brochures or poscards in their shops, because they are overpriced, in my opinion. But you can always talk to the office representative to get all the info needed.
Address: Willemsplein 8
Website: VVVPLUS Arnhem
Favorite thing: You may spot this house right by the entrance to the Sonsbeek Park. As I was told by Pavlik_NL soon it is going to be a Water Museum. How soon? Nobody knows, but it's a great idea of creating such a museum.
Unfortunately, Arnhem doesn't promote itself as a tourst destination on an international level, that is why there is almost no infromation in Eglish that can be found in Internet.
VT is lucky to have Paul as a member here, if you have any questions about this city just give him a shout. I'm sure he'll be glad to help.
Favorite thing: The city if Arnhem had four gates, three of them were destroyed and only one, the Sablespoort, has survived. This impressive piece of architecture once served as a family house, tax office, jail, and even mental institution. Take a walk through the gate to the Rhine river and enjoy a walk along the water.
Favorite thing: Duivelshuis (Devil House) is now a part of the City Hall. It was built in 1545 and got his name because of the satyrs that are shown by door sides. The statue on the top of the building belongs to Duke Karel van Gelre who built the Duivelshuis which is now attached to a new City Hall building.
Favorite thing: In Arnhem nature can be found almost on every corner, that what makes the city so special, I think. Right in the middle of Arnhem, just a short walk from the city center you'll find the Sonsbeek Park. We walked through the park on a hot sunny Saturday. People were enjoying their day off, kids were playing in the water, students brought their homework to the green grass. Everyone seemed to be soo relaxed. And the views are beautiful, don't forget your camera.
Favorite thing: The city center has so many nicely designed terraces. Especially on a sunny day it's great to spend and hour or so on a drink with friends.
More Reviews (8)
Nathalie_B's Related Pages
Arnhem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arnhem, green, green and more green"
- "These Arnhem pages are dedicated to Paul & Family"
- ""Garden City of the Rhine""
- "ARNHEM --A REAL GEM"
- "Five days alone in Arnhem..."
- "A visit I will never forget..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arnhem
- Hotels in Arnhem
- Transportation in Arnhem
- Nightlife in Arnhem
- Restaurants in Arnhem
- Shopping in Arnhem
- Warnings and Dangers in Arnhem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bat Yam Hotels
- Plum Island
- Cirebon Hotels
- Fort Mill Hotels
- Kampong Berakas
- Hippo Valley Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arnhem
- 15 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Arnhem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arnhem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
Latest Arnhem hotel reviews
- Burgers Zoo- 13 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Open Air Museum- 9 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Devil's House - Duivelshuis- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Airborne Museum- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- St Eusebius Church- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Sonsbeek Park- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Castle Roozendaal- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Kroller Muller Museum- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Post Office- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos