""Garden City of the Rhine"" Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem by Nathalie_B

Arnhem Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 1,375 photos

Arnhem has a lot to offer to tourists as well as to the locals, but unfortunately it doesn't promote itself in a proper way. Hopefully, through these pages, you'll learn more about the "Garden city of the Rhine" and come to visit one day.

I went to Arnhem to work on a school research paper which is suppose to describe and analyse the tourism development in the city.
Paul (Pavlik_NL) was the best tour leader who spent the whole day with me and my friend Laura guiding us around the city and giving a lot of very interesting and helpful information.

• Pros:The city that tourists didn't destroy yet
  • Cons:The city that tourists didn't discover yet
  • In a nutshell:Let's put this city on the map!!!
  • Last visit to Arnhem: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2004

• SpagBoll's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Congrats on being featured member. Great motto. Loved your Arnhem pages - I have an affinity with the city as a former para.

• rdney99's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 6:41 AM

Great pages on Arnhem, I would like to see the city and bridge next year as part of a tour of the Netherlands. Is the bridge easy to walk to? - Tony ( WWII buff from WI, USA)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 8:26 AM

Very nice page, sounds like a beautiful place to visit. Great photos and tips, good information, thanks for sharing with us. :o)

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 6:34 AM

Thanks for the visit to Arnhem. I have it on my "must see" list for my next journey to Pay-Bas.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 12:39 PM

The only reason why I know Arnheim is because of the movie "The bridge of Arnheim" with Sean Connery. That Open-Air museum looks great and I am shure that this is something I would like to see in Arnheim.

• Mique's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 2:35 PM

The picture of you and Paul eating herring is absolutely fabulous!

• iguana23's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 4:46 AM

Hi Nathalie, nice pages. My boyfriend lived in Nijemgen until he moved to the UK, and I visted many times but we never went to Arnhem. It looks like a nice town.

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 7:11 AM

wow nathalie that lift on hte church sounds like fun .lol.........thanks kenneth

• Kozzmozz's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2004 at 1:15 PM

Just went to Nijmegen last weekend. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to go to Arnhem as well...

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 2:01 PM

A great page and lovely pics, Nathalie ! The open-air-museum looks like a great place to go one day !

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Arnhem