"So old, so beautiful" Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch by Nathalie_B

Den Bosch Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 460 photos

Den Bosch (also called 's Hertogenbosch) is the capital of the province Brabant. The city was established in 1185, only 48 years later than the oldest city of the Netherlands, Dordrecht.
I always thought that Den Bosch is just another small city in Holland and looks pretty much the same as all the others, but I was wrong! When I arrived to the central station I could still see nothing but typical Dutch town, but when I started getting closer to the city center Den Bosch appeared to be one of the most beautiful towns.

So there I was, discovering the beautiful Den Bosch on one of the happiest days in Holland, the Queen's Day. Since I'm going to live in this country only temporary, I'm trying to see as much as possible and the Queen's Day celebrations weren't the exception of the rule. I left my current hometown Breda early in the morning and headed to Den Bosch (followed by Utrecht and Amsterdam)

• Last visit to Den Bosch: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM

The smaller Dutch towns are pretty. Sounds like you had a good time, your certainly found some interesting sights and things to do.

• LesHamilton's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM

The little boy is called 'Dieske'

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Another nice page Nat, I'm spending a day & eve here with my dutch friend as well as visiting De Efteling in April. I think in the Dam Manneken Pis is a fabulous chip place

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 9:51 AM

Very nice page indeed -- those houses along the canals look great -- thanks for the information.

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Great page Nat!! Good pics too. So you spend part of Queen's Day over here? What did you think of the day?

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 6:36 AM

lovely den bosch page! i wanna go there again!! eat some bossche bollen too! tx dear! and see, i can comment without a bark in it ;-)

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 6:40 AM

As usual an excellent page! Don't forget to visit Den Bosch during carneval next year though

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 3:09 PM

a lovely place & great pics, Nathalie !

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2004 at 1:31 AM

I am really skeptical visiting Breda while you are there, have you ever visited a place while the sky was blue and the sun was shining? (See Ref. Den Haag, Delft, Maastricht, Dusseldorf etc...) :-)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 2:50 PM

Wonderful page! Looks like a great place to explore. Love the picture! :o)

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Den Bosch

Have you been to Den Bosch?

Latest Activity in Den Bosch