"The Delta Projects" Neeltje Jans by Nathalie_B
Neeltje Jans Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 43 photos
In 1953 the Netherlands' coast of Zeeland suffered the flood which took more than 1800 lives, 100000 people were evacuated and big part of land was under the water. In 1958 Delta Plan was created and introduced to the Dutch government in order to prevent future disasters like the Flood of 1953. It took almost 40 years to rise the dykes and to complete building the storm surge barrier. The Waterland Neeltje Jans tell the story of the Great Flood and provides different activities such as Flood museum, Seals' pool, Water playground, and the 30 minutes movie about the unique Delta Projects.
Enjoy walking through the heart of the Storm Surge Barrier. You should visit this contruction inside and outside. Make... more travel advice
If you don't feel like walking and would like to see everything that the Waterland Neeltje Ajns has to offer, take ride... more travel advice
Nathalie_B's Related Pages
Neeltje Jans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Delta Projects"
- "The Neeltje jans"
- "An artificial island"
- "Waterland Neeltje Jans"
- "Deltaworks - Dutch engineering"
- "Breaking the waves"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neeltje Jans
- Transportation in Neeltje Jans
- Restaurants in Neeltje Jans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neeltje Jans
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Neeltje Jans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neeltje Jans
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos