"Segovia" Segovia by Nathalie_B

Segovia Travel Guide: 366 reviews and 898 photos

Once I entered Segovia a huge “WOW” was my first reaction. I was just another fascinated tourist who couldn’t pass by the Aqueduct without being pleasantly shocked by its beauty and size.
It was cold and although it was a spring time Spaniards said “finally winter has arrived”. What they were waiting for the whole winter they got in April – SNOW.

The smell of burning wood coming from the chimneys added to my first impression of Segovia.

This was my first and fondest memory of Segovia – a huge Aqueduct with tiny snow flakes falling on it and the air filled with the sense of a really cold winter day.

A long day spent in Segovia was in front of me…..

• Last visit to Segovia: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2007

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Great TPs, well doc., I always amazed at what they built thousands of yrs ago.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2007 at 2:38 PM

great updates again, Nathalie ! WOOOOOOOOW is the best I may say about this giant Aqueduct,it is always great to see such great remains of the roman empire....

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Excellent page!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 5:09 AM

Those geometrical ornaments are called "esgrafiado". Ciao!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 3:55 AM

A witchcraft Museum - spooky, yet educating. I would also love to try the baby piglet, making me also a Cochinillo sinner. Maybe a glass of Duvel to go with it!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 1:57 PM

OK, OK, I see something new coming up, I'll be back ;-)

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Segovia

Have you been to Segovia?

Latest Activity in Segovia