"A Great Place to Live In" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands by Nathalie_B

Netherlands Travel Guide: 32,757 reviews and 87,744 photos

I moved to the Netherlands in August 2003. Since then I can't stop exploring this wonderful country. I have already moved back to Israel in 2005 and came to visit the Netherlands in October 2006 because I missed it like hell and was ready to spend my vacation here instead of exploring some new, to me, country. I will continue exploring the country untill I'll be able to say that I have seen every corner of it (now how many lives do I need for it?) Thank you for visiting and please come back, 'cause this page will always be updated as frequently as possible.

What you will NOT find on these pages?

I purposely don't put any tips about coffee shops in the Netherlands. Living here for a while made me realize how many people come to this beautiful country for just one reason - soft drugs. If this is what some of you like to do, fine with me, and I won't judge. But please don't ask me where to go to get stoned!

• Pros:The most friendly people and fascinating history
  • Cons:Sometimes it rains too much
  • In a nutshell:There's much more to see than cheese, clogs, and Red Light District
  • Last visit to Netherlands: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2006

• zachmarie's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Agree with you about "people going to Netherlands to get stoned !!" Will be there in two months !!

• neilward's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Fabulous pages,great tips combined with some wonderful photos. Full of great info

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Jumping around....Bouncy, Bouncy,Bouncy...

• Jun 17, 2009 at 5:17 AM

I have a question about the "off peak discount card". Is it applicable only within the nehterlands or can i use it for intertaional travel (say with thalys) as well?

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 11:37 AM

glad you like it!! how was your trip?

• betako3's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM

3 Euros for a Theroux is hard to beat :) I paid 4 Euros for 'The Great Railway Bazaar' in a nice second-hand bookshop in Kloveniersburgwal 58 in Amsterdam. I also bought 2 other books by Theroux there paying 5 and 7.50 Euros respectively.

• Jun 16, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Hello from the Philippines! I'm going to the Netherlands on june 21. Will stay at stevensweert. I'm so anxious and excited. Your post is very helpful. Thank you and more power!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Yes, a very nice country and people there

• Lapislazuli's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Hi! I recently found myself fascinated w/ the Netherlands,I have been there for few days in 2003,but would love to go n explore more one day soon. my question is how did manage to study the language??it sounds really difficult!! loved your pages! -Lapis.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 8:55 PM

What a fabulous bicycle tip and photo!

Nathalie_B Used To Live Here!

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Netherlands

Have you been to Netherlands?

Latest Activity in Netherlands