"Caesarea of Herod the Great" Top 5 Page for this destination Caesarea by Nathalie_B

Caesarea Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 306 photos

%Caesarea has a really fascinating history and it’s a place where anyone could find something to do to his liking.
You can spend hours walking among the ruins of the ancient city, or enjoy great breakfast at the cafes located on the beach. You can shop in its posh stores that offer mostly judaica, antiques, jewelry, or even paintings of famous Israeli painter Kadishman. If you get tired of food, history and shopping, you can enjoy yourself on the beach of Caesarea or to go diving by the ruins of the old harbor that can only be seen underwater. And in the evening you can attend a concert of most known Israeli artists at the ancient amphitheater of the city built by Herod the Great. And I didn’t even mention yet Caesarea’s gourmet restaurants.
One day is not enough to see it all, but whatever activity you choose it will be a memorable one.

• Last visit to Caesarea: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Fascinating historical tips! I never realized Herod the Great built so much. (He had a sister named Salome who was not the same Salome as in Oscar Wilde's play and Richard Strauss's opera -- I think I've been getting the Herods and Salomes mixed up.)

• marsistanbul's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Shalom.. one day, hoping to visit yr great country..caesare,akko,tiberias..very nice tips&photos..u've just 6 commandments,but need 4 more:) Peace:)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Really good historical info Nathalie. I too am very interested in history- the reason I love to travel. The Diving in Caesarea tip is excellent. Thanks

• mirianamak's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Shalom Nathalie! I like the place . Hope I`ll have enough time during my stay in Israel Sept,/Okto. this year to visit it. Hey, come to WM08 in Jerusalem. Maybe we meet in person! All the best! Mirjana/Miryana/

• Urzu's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Ok hon, I want to you take me there when I go visit :)!!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2008 at 1:05 AM

did you visit that restaurant too and tried their clay-oven Focaccia?

Nathalie_B Visits Here Frequently!

Nathalie_B

“Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder”

Badges & Stats in Caesarea

Have you been to Caesarea?

Latest Activity in Caesarea