Tel Aviv-Yafo Local Custom Tips by Nathalie_B Top 5 Page for this destination
Tel Aviv-Yafo Local Customs: 35 reviews and 48 photos
Every year, usually in the middle of the month of August, Tel Aviv is becoming the city of beer.
Last Summer (14-17 August, 2003) this festival took place by the Beach area, close to the Old Jaffa in front of the Intercontinental Hotel.
There are two most known Israeli beers: "Goldstar" and "Maccabee" latter is being successfully exported to many countries. Goldstar is very close to the Heineken in its taste and it is a very popular beer among the locals.
So, since we don't have that many local beer brands others are participating in the festival as well. The most common imported beers that can be found in Israel are "Heineken", "Amstel", "Carlsberg" and "Corona" , but of course we have much more than this.
Along with the bars full of different kinds of beer, food and entertainment are provided at the place. Artists performances, dancing, games, lotteries, and even a small area for children to play while their parents are enjoying the beer.
It is usually very crowded but still remains the "don't miss activity" whatsoever.
More Reviews (37)
Nathalie_B's Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "a day in Tel Aviv"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 38 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 77 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Beer"
- updated a Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Page "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- Commented on one of RhineRoll's Tel Aviv-Yafo travel pages
- Wrote a Review American-German Colony about Sarona German Colony in Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Old Jaffa- 116 Reviews, 258 Photos
- Beach- 35 Reviews, 78 Photos
- HaCarmel Market- 15 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Neve Tzedek- 11 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Promenade- 12 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Azrieli Center- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Jaffa Flea Market- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Old Harbour- 4 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Rabin Square- 10 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Rothschild Boulevard- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
See All Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do