"Always do what you wish you could" Nathalie_B's Profile
I got tired of looking at my own homepage so I decided to change it a bit. Well, maybe not a bit. There are a lot of pictures I have taken during my travels, and the original idea was putting, every day, a new picture on this page.
Now, this decision was made long before I realized that my best, student years are over and that time is something I'll never have enough.
So, good thinking Nathalie, but unfortunately impossible to keep up with.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first
Through the unknown,
When the last of earth left to
Is that which was the beginning.
It looks like my journeys are controlled by VTers. Instead of exploring something new and unexplored, in October 2006 I went back to Belgium and the Netherlands (ok, I did explore some parts of Germany too). Just because some of these VTers are not virtual friends anymore and I missed them terribly.
April 2007, another VTer "controlled" my travel decisions. I spent 7 wonderful days in Madrid and surroundings with "Urzu" and her family
October 2007, 3 weeks in Oahu weren't enough, but definitely made me want to go back..again, and again, again.
During my stay in Paradise our very own Keida84 happened to be there too and our meeting was GREAT. What are the chances? And I thought I do control my journeys.
February 2008, 4 days in Madrid were supposed to be spent on business, however only half a day was enough, the rest was spent with Urzu, of course. She even managed to torture my boss. This is what I call a REAL friend!
August 2008, 6 days in London were a revenge for my happy trip to Madrid. This time I was so busy, working, that I didn't even dare to plan any VT meetings. This was my first and only trip abroad without meeting a VTer.
September - October 2008, a long month of fun vacation was planned for Florida and Hawaii (including the Big Island), but VTers kept controlling my journeys and I found myself making a 3-day stopover in New York were I met with friends that I haven't seen since I left the Big Apple in 2003
December 2008, my first real Christmas celebrations, in Cape Coral, Florida. Totally enjoyed every minute of my stay there. My X-Mas wasn't white, but definitely the best one!
May 2009, my first VT Euromeet, in Cascais. What a great meeting it was, I don't remember when was the last time I laughed so much. And I got to meet so many wonderful people. Looks like I won't be skipping the 2010 meet in Krakow
October 2009, back to Portugal and Madrid, and I do blame another VTer for it.. my dear Urzu of course.
May 2010, did I mention I won't be skipping the Krakow EuroMeet? Well, I didn't. Besides exploring another wonderful European city I got the chance to meet my old VT friends and make new ones. Ok, I confess, I also managed to break VT member's nose :)
September 2010 - Wales & Dublin!! Yaaay, I finally made it to Dublin!! As for meeting VT members, although I was made infamous on DavidGB's homepage he was still kind enough to tour the New Forest area with me.
January 2011 - USA again, Florida again, best memories again! Managed to visit the Disney World for the first time in my life and glad that none of you was there with a camera to picture me screaming on a roller coaster :)
1. Don’t be that ass! Respect local cultures, values, beliefs, traditions!
James A. Michener
2. Be open-minded, remember that you don’t have to travel to speak your own language, eat familiar food, and meet familiar faces
3. Get lost! How can you “explore” if you planned every step and marked it on your map? By wandering around you may come across the most wonderful places you’ll ever see.
4. Remember to thank people you meet along the way, thank those who showed their kindness, opened they homes and hearts to you.
5. Back from a journey? Start planning a new one!
6. Never stop dreaming and exploring
Some of you may have noticed that VT Meetings' travelogues that used to be here are all gone. I simply don't have the space anymore to list them all. Instead, here they are.... almost two hundred VTers, from 27 countries, I've met:
a2lopes, ACSpotter, Adej, AKJager, Alain_Smeets, Almelain, AndieS, Andyj37, AnaRenilla, AnnaWB, ania70pl, Arasnosliw, balam, balfor, B_Caro, bartw, Beach_dog, Becky1980, Belsaita, benazer, Benidormone, Bernd_L, Bigjones, bijo69, Boniunia, BradBrown (aka Balashi), Bregman, budapest8, Cachaseiro, Cadzand, Caffeine_induced78, CatNL, Carmela71, Ceswho, Chicabonita, chocolatecake, Cgj1, co48, Conny_Bazen, CrtnShdofGrn, CubsIn4, Daddygila, DanielDiNicola, DAO, davesut, DavidGB, Diamonddog, Dila, Dracko, Drolkar, Eddymario, Eden_Teuling, El_Holandes, Europebn, fairy_dust, Frankcanfly, Fen, Gili_S, GillianMcLaughlin, Gillybob, Globtrott, Goldenboy, gubbi1, Helga67, Highlander123, Hilla_m, Hotsauce28, Huntertmorgen, IceBear7, Igraine, Imaniac, Irisbe, Iver, Jacolien, Hikerpark, HORSCHECK, JAFA-Rease, jo104, Joenes, johngayton, jonathanbarker, jonkb, jorgec25, Kaspian, Keida84, Kindberg37, Kinga_Freespirit, KiNyA, Kristara, Kristina1701, Kozzmozz, Kristii, Kylian73, leics, littlesam1, LoriPori, lubama05, MacedonianUK, Mahieu, Marie-Claude, marielexoteria, Martin_NL, Martin_S., Master_D, matcrazy0, matcrazy1, MATIM, mickybleck, Mique, MollyMoo0oo0, Myriam_c, NewYorkPrincess, Newyorkerman, Nighthawk, nomad7890, Norali, NYTim, OH_DK, Oma14, Orke, Paris92, Patje, Pavlik_NL, Penpoison, Pete_NL, Peter_P, PhillyJohn, Pieter_Jan_V, pollon, poons, Ptitetoile, RaHeNi, Razmataac, RCBAPB, Redang, RhineRoll, RhondaRuth, Rmbtac, Roadquill, Roam, Royslaven, sabsi, sachara, Salsa_Girl, Sharon, shyama, Scedric2306, sdcbrsfr, Sinjoor, Skye820, Stephanie, Stevieboy, Suet, Suri, suvanki, Syllou, TazMocha, tere1, TheView, Thorgal67, Tijs, Tompt, toonsarah, tpbalazs, TravelingSpirit, Trillian2005, Tripack, Virtualpatrick, VZ-Pam, Urzu, Waaleviener, Wenasje, Worldtrekker, yumyum, zOmerzOn
All the overthrown royalty members that offer millions of dollars, please don't. American Dollar is weak, Euro is even weaker, British Pound isn't worth much either, and my bank only excepts Israeli Shekels, anyway. The exchange rate is high and bank commissions are even higher. So, unless you'd like to transfer 10,000,000 miles to my American Airlines membership account go pester somebody else!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 726 Reviews
- 1,242 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Breda's Jazz Festival"
- Commented on davesut's profile page
- Nathalie_B and GenXVoice are now friends.
- updated a Krakow Travel Page "EuroMeet 2010"
updated their Profile Page "Always do what you wish you could"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Beer"
- Wrote a Review Flash lights are overpriced! in Hawaii (Big Island) What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 67 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- New York City Intro, 54 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 48 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Israel Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 38 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 47 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos