"Al Khobar - The Saudi ARAMCO City." Top 5 Page for this destination Al Khubar by aadil

Al Khubar Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 114 photos

I don't have many pictures or much info to place here as yet but I'm back home now and I shall soon have something ready to share with you all!!!

Actually I was on a one month posting to Dammam for my company Air-India as an aircraft service engineer from the 27th of January 2003 but it was extended for some time till the war situation improved!! So till then I was stuck here and waiting to get back home (which I finally did on the 19th of April 2003!!!). Not afraid of the war but just hate to see so many people suffering for no reason at all and when it's not their fault!!! Anyway, I hope the US and UK forces leave soon and peace returns to the region!!!

• Pros:Lots of shopping facilities!!! (Nothing else to do here!!)
  • Cons:Dirty and smells like a sewer almost everywhere!!
  • In a nutshell:Not much you can see or do here!!!
  • Last visit to Al Khubar: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated May 14, 2003

• Sep 21, 2008 at 3:02 AM

Can you please be more specific on the location of the hobby shop. Is it in thoqba? I cannot find north street.

• May 14, 2006 at 9:34 AM

Hi Aadil, Hope you are doing ok out there. I enjoyed reading your Al Khubar Page. Thank you!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Wow! after reading your comments I just don't think there is any real reason to visit SA. It is as good to know these things as it is to learn good things about a country. thanks.

• AmericofromVenezuela's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 12:13 PM

I will start working in SA in about three weeks. What type of electricity do they use over there 110v or 220v? best regards, Americo

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2006 at 1:16 AM

I must put this on my 'don't visit list'! Have a great birthday Aadil! Blu

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Stuck here? Now G.W. Bush is stuck here. No more war !! Wishful thinking.....

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 8:27 AM

cats drinking salt water? They are thirsty!...

• maryinutopia's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 5:30 AM

Remind me to never go there! You'd think with all their money, they could at least install sufficient sewage systems so you could BREATHE!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Hi Aadil, Great shopping tips! (~_~). Sorry you didnt have a good time here though. interesting page, thanks

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 7:01 PM

I worked and lived in Al Khobar for 6 of the longest months of my life. I worked for Zuhair Fayez Engineering Consultants. Never thought of the place as a tourist destination.

aadil

“Climb high; climb far; your goal the sky, your aim the stars!”

Badges & Stats in Al Khubar

Have you been to Al Khubar?