"Not Nairobbery" Nairobi by boltonian
Nairobi Travel Guide: 634 reviews and 1,493 photos
Having heard nothing but bad things about Nairobi, I was suprised to find that the city is nothing like the bad reputation might suggest.
While it may be dangerous at night, what city isn't? During the day time, as long as you use common sense, the city is a great place to explore and meet the friendly people.
While only here for 30 hours, I left with very good memories of a city trying to get on in life.
- Pros:Lots to see, Friendly people
- Cons:Danger at night, poverty
- In a nutshell:Not deserving of the bad reputation
The must see thing for me in Nairobi is the huge Kibera Slum as seen in the film 'The Constant Gardener'. You can... more travel advice
Just up the road from the huge slum of Kibera is a walled compound. Inside is a large 1920's house and a huge, green... more travel advice
boltonian's Related Pages
Nairobi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY MISSION TRIP TO KENYA"
- "Nairobi is friendly town"
- "Make this your gateway to East Africa!"
- "Cool Water...pretty cool city."
- "A juxtaposition of sharp contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nairobi
- Hotels in Nairobi
- Transportation in Nairobi
- Nightlife in Nairobi
- Restaurants in Nairobi
- Shopping in Nairobi
- Warnings and Dangers in Nairobi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nairobi
- 10 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nairobi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nairobi
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 22 photos
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Jinka Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- La Paz Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Krakow Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos