"'Wonderwall' - The best Oasis" Bawiti by boltonian
Bawiti Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 111 photos
A long drive on a dirt bus. When you arrive, hoardes of men and kids try to get you to book onto their tours. I had pre-booked so sat in a local cafe and waited to be picked up.
The village is a great look into real desert life. I stayed with a local family, this was a fantastic experience.
The 4x4 desert tour is a must. See the 'Things to do' section
- Pros:Real people, friendly, unique
- Cons:Lacking mod cons, long bus journey
- In a nutshell:In Cairo? Then do this trip
The overnight desert safari is the reason that most people come here. Many companies do the trip. I used one that I... more travel advice
boltonian's Related Pages
Bawiti Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahariya Oasis"
- "desert tales in baharia"
- "'Wonderwall' - The best Oasis"
- "walking and by camle through the White Desert"
- "Western (Libyan) Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bawiti
- Hotels in Bawiti
- Transportation in Bawiti
- Nightlife in Bawiti
- Restaurants in Bawiti
- Shopping in Bawiti
- Warnings and Dangers in Bawiti
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bawiti
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bawiti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bawiti
Photos in BawitiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 22 photos
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Jinka Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- La Paz Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Krakow Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos