"Arenal" Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal by boltonian
Arenal Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 105 photos
As a Geography teacher, I have to see an active volcano, it's on my list of thing to do.
Arenal seemed perfect, all the hotels boasted a view of the lava each evening.
The reality most days is rain, clouds and no view of the summit. You can't hike up to the top now either for safety reasons.
My visist saw the worst rain ever. All the roads were flooded, our hotel (12 miles across the worst dirt track) had no electricty and was isolated. Then every other hotel for miles was full, and we had to pay over the odds for a grotty and noisey room.
- Pros:Special scenery
- Cons:Cloud and rain
- In a nutshell:Pray for a clear night if you want to see the lava
Chances are, you will want to see Arenal and Monteverde, and on the map, the 2 are right next to each other. Well, you... more travel advice
boltonian's Related Pages
Arenal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Active Volcano and a Lake"
- "Volcan Arenal"
- "Active Volcano"
- "Nature at its best"
- "La Vida Pura en Costa Rica"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arenal
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Arenal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arenal
Top 10 Pages
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 28 reviews, 22 photos
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Jinka Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- La Paz Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Krakow Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos