"Home Sweet Towson" Top 5 Page for this destination Towson by gnunez311
Towson Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 114 photos
Opposites attract, and they've come to Towson to acquaint themselves. The city, which springs from Baltimore's northern boundary, is a study in contrasts. Mansions and mega-malls. Copses and concrete. Mainstream and alternative. Unassuming and urbane.
On the surface, Towson is a typical suburb with strip malls, traffic-clogged roads, chain dining and baby joggers. But flip it over, and you'll find a community infused with the energy of 16,000 college students, their culture and customs, and the overflow from a city just a few miles down the road.
Towson's personalities converge at the intersection of Dulaney Valley, York and Joppa roads. Parents push strollers alongside heavily pierced students, and patrons shop for furs and snowboarding gear on the same block.
- In a nutshell:This place where opposites attract embodies the biggest paradox of all. It's possible to enjoy the charm of another time while the trappings of the 21st century -- megamalls and mosh pits, carry-outs and cafes -- lie just around the corner.
Come and watch the former Super Bowl champions. more travel advice
Frisco Burritos brings a nice slice of California funk to rather staid old Towson. The ingredients are generally quite... more travel advice
gnunez311's Related Pages
Towson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "County Seat"
- "Over the Expressway and Through the City To .."
- "Home Sweet Towson"
- "Home is Where You Hang Your Pack"
- "Towson, a suburb of Baltimore City"
- "Towson, MD"
- "SwedishChef's Towson Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Towson
- Hotels in Towson
- Transportation in Towson
- Nightlife in Towson
- Restaurants in Towson
- Shopping in Towson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Towson
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Towson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Towson
- Top 5 Page for this destination Towson Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Colonia Tovar Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.