"Välkommen" Lysekil by hassan_abu
Lysekil Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 53 photos
Well, finally I managed to find time to fill up my travel page. I arrived in Goteborg on Monday, 4-Oct-04.
You'll find Lyeskil at the outer reaches of the archipelago.
The varied landscape with ticks of pink granite, sometimes wild and barren, at other times gentle and caressing, is really unforgetable.
Finally, after about a year here in Lysekil, on 1 Oct 2005, I am on my way back home to good ol Singapore.
It began at 0530 Saturday morning (wake up with a stomach ache after last night's very hot pepper prawns at Restaurang Le Mer in Lysekil. It was really very hot). After saying goodbye to the house, left home at 0730 for Frolunda to return the rental car at Billia. It was a very bad morning, with heavy rain and storms, so instead of the usual 1.5 hours drive, it took me 2 hours. To make matters worse, the usual ferry from Lysekil to Uddevalla had problems, so I had to drive the long way via route 162. Then on arrival at Billia, had to wait another half hour, since it only opens at 10 am. Had the lady at the counter to fix me a cab to the airport, and finally arrive at Landvetter at 1045. Checked in and waith for the Finnair flight AY6876 to Helsinki.
To be continued at my Helsinki page :
(You are probably wandering why I am blabbing so much ? Just want to keep notes for myself and if you happen to read this, then just enjoy it OK..)
On a warm Summer evening, we decided to climb up a small hill near Havets Hus and take this picture....
This was taken at about 11 pm...
See the sun is stil up even at that hour...
Friends from Singapore - Oslo visiting 19 Feb 05. Hope they had a wonderful time here.
- Pros:Peaceful and quiet. A nice place to relax
- Cons:Not much happening, no night life.
- In a nutshell:I liked it very much
What a pity I was not there for the start-up. Well, that's how working in a project is like. Sometimes you get to see... more travel advice
This is a lovely place for a picnic, especially in the summer. Just a few walking minutes from my house in Hokvägen. more travel advice
hassan_abu's Related Pages
Lysekil Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lysekil
- Hotels in Lysekil
- Transportation in Lysekil
- Restaurants in Lysekil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lysekil
- 29 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lysekil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lysekil
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kampung Bukit Tinggi Intro, 23 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 19 reviews, 82 photos
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lysekil Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Algeria Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 9 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 9 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos