"Välkommen" Lysekil by hassan_abu

Lysekil Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 53 photos

Well, finally I managed to find time to fill up my travel page. I arrived in Goteborg on Monday, 4-Oct-04.

You'll find Lyeskil at the outer reaches of the archipelago.

The varied landscape with ticks of pink granite, sometimes wild and barren, at other times gentle and caressing, is really unforgetable.

Finally, after about a year here in Lysekil, on 1 Oct 2005, I am on my way back home to good ol Singapore.
It began at 0530 Saturday morning (wake up with a stomach ache after last night's very hot pepper prawns at Restaurang Le Mer in Lysekil. It was really very hot). After saying goodbye to the house, left home at 0730 for Frolunda to return the rental car at Billia. It was a very bad morning, with heavy rain and storms, so instead of the usual 1.5 hours drive, it took me 2 hours. To make matters worse, the usual ferry from Lysekil to Uddevalla had problems, so I had to drive the long way via route 162. Then on arrival at Billia, had to wait another half hour, since it only opens at 10 am. Had the lady at the counter to fix me a cab to the airport, and finally arrive at Landvetter at 1045. Checked in and waith for the Finnair flight AY6876 to Helsinki.

To be continued at my Helsinki page :

(You are probably wandering why I am blabbing so much ? Just want to keep notes for myself and if you happen to read this, then just enjoy it OK..)

X

On a warm Summer evening, we decided to climb up a small hill near Havets Hus and take this picture....

This was taken at about 11 pm...

See the sun is stil up even at that hour...

Friends.

Friends from Singapore - Oslo visiting 19 Feb 05. Hope they had a wonderful time here.

• Pros:Peaceful and quiet. A nice place to relax
  • Cons:Not much happening, no night life.
  • In a nutshell:I liked it very much
  • Last visit to Lysekil: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 1, 2005

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Hmm, what is tis about Mexicans in Sweden??

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 8:13 AM

a lovely place. I like the peaceful cows and the underwaterworld!

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 1:05 PM

So beautiful ! :) Happy Travel ! Regards.

• Birsen's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 7:07 AM

Hi hassan_abu, I liked your Lysekil page. Geetings from Gran Canaria:))

• blooming_nut's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 4:49 AM

sucha lovely place! wished i could travel over... really a new place on earth for me to venture fm your page :)

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2005 at 2:04 AM

Aw man that's gotta be my dream home - small house along snow-covered roads. Thanks for your comment on my Scotland page. No I did not see any ghosts though been on the Mercat midnight ghost tours in Edinburgh and Glasgow. No ghosts, quite a rip off!

• Suhail01's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 1:46 PM

nice page Hassan and thanx V-much.

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2005 at 7:38 AM

wow, I only passed by the air once you know! is that consider been to sweeden? :-P

• Gweenie's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 9:03 PM

Somedays to Sweden!!! Keep dreaming Tina.....

• jto's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 1:56 AM

Nice page Hassan! Ive never been to Lysekil but it looks nice. I guess at summertime its even more beautiful. :)

hassan_abu

“NO REGRETS.”

Badges & Stats in Lysekil

Have you been to Lysekil?

Latest Activity in Lysekil