"In the middle of Hudson Bay" Belcher Island by Darby2
Belcher Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
The Belcher Islands were named after Sir Edward Belcher, born in Halifax, Nova Scotia 1799, who was sent out from England with a fleet of 5 ships to search for Sir John Franklin and his lost expedition in 1852.
Read more about this great seaman, explorer: Admiral Sir Edward Belcher
Despite having the same surname, I don't think there's any direct connection to our ancestry...but you never know.
The Belcher Islands are home to native Inuit and most live in the village of Sanaquliaq, famous for its soapstone carvings.
Darby2's Related Pages
Belcher Island Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belcher Island
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Belcher Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belcher Island
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues