"Devon, heart of the Leduc oilfield" Devon by Darby2
Devon Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 20 photos
The pretty little town of Devon lies about 30 km upstream from Edmonton on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River. Its name is derived from the Devonian Reef formation which lies about a mile underground in which the most significant oilfield was discovered nearby in 1947. Several hundred pumpjacks are located in fields of grain around this area and continue to pump oil to feed an energy-hungry world.
Be sure to visit the Devon Oilfield Interpretive Center, just south of the town on Highway 60. They have an excellent museum as well as fully operational drilling rigs.
Darby2's Related Pages
Devon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Devon, heart of the Leduc oilfield"
- "Devon: a City created around an oil well"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devon
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Devon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devon
Photos in DevonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues