Edmonton Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Darby2
Edmonton Warnings and Dangers: 43 reviews and 15 photos
My nephew with some large hailstones
These are hailstones that fell in Edmonton a few years ago. My nephew David is holding some collected from the yard. He was wearing the hard hat to keep from being bonked on the head when they were falling!
Hailstone, near Claresholm
The "hail alley" around Red Deer can often produce huge thunderheads and enormous hailstones like this one which fell near Claresholm
With the extremely dry weather in the last few years, northern Alberta's forests have become tinder dry and several very large forest fires have raged through the area this summer and spring. The House River fire near Fort McMurray burned over 750,000 acres and caused the evacuation of the village of Conklin. Please be careful and observe all fire bans!!!! One fire just 4 miles from my home this summer destroyed 2 acreage homes and some other buildings!
The Edmonton Tornado of 1987 killed 27 people and did more than $330,000,000 damage.
Fortunately, this is a very rare event for Alberta but it pays to be prepared.
This picture shows it tearing through Refinery Row at the height of its fury.
More Reviews (25)
- See All The Edmonton Corn Maze
- See All Humungous burgers!!!!
- See All Top 3 (continued
- See All River Valley and bridges
- See All The Edmonton Queen riverboat
Darby2's Related Pages
Edmonton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edmonton - Oil Capital of Canada"
- "Gateway to the north!"
- "A river runs through it ........"
- "Meeting Jojocan in Edmonton"
- "Darby's Edmonton, Alberta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edmonton
- Hotels in Edmonton
- Transportation in Edmonton
- Nightlife in Edmonton
- Restaurants in Edmonton
- Shopping in Edmonton
- Warnings and Dangers in Edmonton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edmonton
- 29 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 112 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Edmonton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edmonton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Picture number twenty thousand"
- updated a Edmonton Travel Page "Darby's Edmonton, Alberta Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Farms around Edmonton...early one morning"
- Commented on one of RavensWing's Edmonton travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Edmonton Corn Maze about Corn Maze in Edmonton Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (100)
- West Edmonton Mall- 52 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Festivals- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Parliament Buildings- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Fort Edmonton- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Telus World of Science- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Downtown- 8 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Muttart Conservatory- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- River Valley- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Rural Alberta- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Elk Island National Park- 1 Review, 2 Photos
See All Edmonton Things to Do