"Portal through the Kicking Horse Pass" Field by Darby2
Field Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos
The Kicking Horse Pass, 5339 feet, was named for the incident that befell James Hector when his horse kicked him in the chest near here while he was seeking a route through the Rockies
As you travel east from Field, the most imposing mountain on your right is Cathedral Crags, just over 10,000 feet high. The CP Rail line skirts the base of the mountain and it's exciting to watch the long tains , often with 5 locomotives throbbing their way up the steep pass towards the Spiral Tunnels.
Darby2's Related Pages
Field Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Field a village where railway history was made."
- "A Quick Fly-By to Field"
- "Emerald Lake Lodge Restaurant"
- "Portal through the Kicking Horse Pass"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Field
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Field?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Field
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues