"Garibaldi Park" Garibaldi Provincial Park by Darby2
Garibaldi Provincial Park Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
At one time the only way to reach the trailhead to Garibaldi Park was to take the PGE train to Garibaldi Station north of Squamish. The highway was put in during the 1960's which went as far as Pemberton.
You could also access the park via the Diamond Head trail just north of Squamish.
In either case its a nice pleasant hike through old growth forest to the upland alpine meadows and icefields around Mt. Garibaldi.
The trail from Garibaldi Station takes you to the Black Tusk area and Garibaldi Lake. The entire area is volcanic orgin with large basalt lava flows and huge basalt pillars in the cliff faces. I've even scrambled up the Barrier...not reccommended for the faint of heart.
I've scaled the summit of Black Tusk several times and it can be a tricky scramble to the top via a narrow chimney on the loose basalt. But the view is worth it.
Darby2's Related Pages
Garibaldi Provincial Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Garibaldi Provincial Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Garibaldi Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garibaldi Provincial Park
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues