"Leduc" Leduc by Darby2
Leduc Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
The rural town of Leduc lies about 30km south of Edmonton on Highway 2. Nothing much happened here until 1947 when oil was discovered near here. The No. 1 well is now a major tourist interpretive center showing the inside workings of a typical oil well. It's located near the junction of Highway 60 and Highway 19 near Devon.
The other chief attraction and center of activity is Edmonton International Airport, just a couple of miles northwest of Leduc. The whole area is surrounded by rich farmlands mainly growing grain. Dotted here and there among the fields are pumpjacks.
One of Leduc's famous citizens is clarinetist James Campbell.
Darby2's Related Pages
Leduc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the train never stops blowing it's whistle!"
- "The old town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leduc
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Leduc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leduc
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues