"Nisku... Oil patch capital of Alberta" Nisku by Darby2
Nisku Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
Watch out for heavy trucks and trailers turning in the Nisku area.
Nisku is an industrial area just north of Leduc and is the chief service center for many oil patch related industries such as drilling companies, pipelines, machine shops, metal fabricators, heavy hauling companies, It is also directly adjacent to the Edmonton International Airport beside Highway 2 which goes to Calgary.
There are several hotels in Nisku that cater to airport bound travellers as well as a park and ride for those not wishing to pay the steep parking rates at the airport.
Pumpjacks like this one are made in Nisku and then transported to oilfields around the province.
Darby2's Related Pages
Nisku Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nisku
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nisku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nisku
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues