"Oky doke, folks...all about Okotoks! ;o))" Okotoks by Darby2
Okotoks Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 9 photos
The name Okotoks is supposedly derived from the Sarcee indian name "chachosika" meaning "valley of the big rock".
The Blackfoot name is "okatok" which means "rock"
Nearby, about 5 miles to the west in an empty field is a huge boulder weighing more than 18,000 tons which was carried by the glaciers during the last Ice Age from the flanks of Mt. Edith Cavelle near Jasper, some 400 km to the northwest.
Darby2's Related Pages
Okotoks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada's most eco friendly city."
- "Oky doke, folks...all about Okotoks! ;o))"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Manhattan Beach Hotels
- Syracuse Hotels
- Province of Zambales
- Rowayton Hotels
- Hamilton Island
- Perryville Battlefield State Park
- Dovercourt Hotels
- Glenwood Springs
- Detroit Lakes
- Placencia Village Hotels
- Sun City
- Del Rio Hotels
Badges & Stats in Okotoks
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Okotoks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okotoks
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Okotoks hotel reviews
- Best Western Okotoks Lodge
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013