"Canada's little desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Osoyoos by Darby2
Osoyoos Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 64 photos
Every orchard in this area has its roadside stand where fresh fruit like these are available. Peaches, nectarines, apricots, apples, grapes, pears, melons, cherries, tomatoes and a host of others
Osoyoos sits in the southern end of the Okanagan Valley on Osoyoos Lake in an area surrounded by sagebrush hills, orchards and vineyards. The wonderfully warm dry climate is ideally suited for fruit growing, and particularly, grapes. The neighbouring town of Oliver is also a prime wine producing area as well. To get a great view of the town, I recommend taking the twisting Crowsnest highway east, towards Anarchist Mountain summit, a viewpoint on the way gives a broad panorama of the valley below.
Okanagan Fuit Blossom / Harvest Times
APPLES Blossom- Late April Harvest- Late August through October
APRICOTS Blossom- Mid April Harvest- Late July
CHERRIES Blossom- Late April Harvest- Late June through mid July
PEACHES Blossom- Mid April Harvest- Late July
PEARS Blossom- Late April Harvest- Mid August
PRUNES/PLUMS Blossom- Mid April Harvest- Mid August
Darby2's Related Pages
Osoyoos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What fantastic views around OSOYOOS!"
- "OSOYOOS---OASIS IN THE DESSERT"
- "Osoyoos: Canada's only desert"
- "Hot hot hot!"
- "Canada's little desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Osoyoos
- Hotels in Osoyoos
- Restaurants in Osoyoos
- Shopping in Osoyoos
- Warnings and Dangers in Osoyoos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Osoyoos
- 1 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Osoyoos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Osoyoos
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues