"Railways and racing" Port Coquitlam by Darby2
Port Coquitlam Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 13 photos
In my heyday, I used to race motorcycles at the former Westwood Racing circuit which was in the hills north of Port Coquitlam. The track was 1.8 miles around and was a challenge to bikes, go-carts and racing cars as well. It was in use from the mid-50's until about the 90s. It's now a housing subdivision.
This shot shows me at speed on a 1963 500cc Manx Norton as I pass the pits area during a wet and rainy race in 1969.
I used to live in the hill above Coquitlam, to be specific near Como Lake... not really a lake, but a large slough-like pond that was stocked with trout and had a native population of bullheads (catfish) The area surrounding the lake was peat bogs but now has been landscaped into a nice park.
Darby2's Related Pages
Port Coquitlam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A New Place to Call Home"
- "Port Coquitlam"
- "PORT COQUITLAM & COQUITLAM - GVRD"
- "Railways and racing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Coquitlam
- Hotels in Port Coquitlam
- Restaurants in Port Coquitlam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Coquitlam
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Port Coquitlam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Coquitlam
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues