"Stony Plain, The town with the painted past" Stony Plain by Darby2
Stony Plain Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 42 photos
Stony_Plain is a farming town of around 10,000 about 40 Km west of Edmonton. One of its major attraction are the many historic murals painted on the sides of many of its buildings. The vibrant community also hosts the Great White North Triathlon held early in July each year. It is also the administrative center for the surrounding Parkland county.
The Stony Plain Reporter is the local community newspaper that comes out every Friday.
My acreage home is about 5 miles northwest of the town in the Glory Hills. Click on this link to view a high resolution sattelite view of my place ...(the cursor cross is centred on my house) To see a similar view of your own place, type in your location in the dialog box then move the cross around and zoom in as far as you can. It may take a few minutes to load the images from the Flash Earth servers.
Click on this link to zoom in to my place Stony_Plain
Every year in June the town of Stony hosts its tribute to the local farmers. Parade, a tractor and heavy horse pull and other agriculture activities are featured. There are two farmer's markets as well held every Saturday morning where the locals sell their fresh produce and handicrafts.
This antique Oliver tractor can still do a full pull!
St Matthew Lutheran Cemetery is on the southeast side of town and dates from 1895. The little church measures about 6... more travel advice
The Stony Plain Multicultural Centre is in the park in the centre of town. It consists of Opperhauser house, the... more travel advice
Darby2's Related Pages
Stony Plain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stony Plain, The town with the painted past"
- "GOLFING IN A SMALL TOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stony Plain
- 8 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Stony Plain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stony Plain
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues