"The valley in the mountains" Valemount by Darby2
Valemount Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 5 photos
Valemount is a pleasant little village on the Yellowhead Highway #5 on the way to Jasper, Mount Robson and McBride. It sits near the upper end of the Columbia river reservoir, McNaughton Lake in the Rocky Mountain Trench.
The mountains nearby rise to more than 11,000 feet in the Premier Range on the west side. To the south is the Monashee Range and to the east are the Rockies.
A note of interest here is Mount Terry Fox, not far from Mount Robson. Terry was the intrepid soul who attempted to run across Canada on an artificial leg, having lost it to cancer. The mountain is named in his honor.
Just north of Valemount is an interesting eco-park called Jackman flats.
Darby2's Related Pages
Valemount Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Jasper National Park"
- "The valley in the mountains"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valemount
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Valemount?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valemount
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Valemount hotel reviews