"Wetaskiwin... "Peace Hills"" Wetaskiwin by Darby2
Wetaskiwin Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 26 photos
About an hour's drive south of Edmonton, on Highway 2A, Wetaskiwin is host to one of the finest mechanical museums in North America. The Reynolds Alberta Museum (RAM) has amassed one of the finest collections of artifacts from the farm, field, road and air.
The museum has one of the best facilities for vehicle restoration as well.
The British-built Brough Superior was the motorcycle of choice for T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) He owned 7 of them, and met his end while riding one down a country lane in England.
The current motorcycle exhibit is on until the fall of 2006 and features more than 140 vintage machines and some modern ones.
Pride and joy of the RAM is this 1929 Deusenberg. It's currently worth close to $3 Million.
Darby2's Related Pages
Wetaskiwin Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wetaskiwin
- 0 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Wetaskiwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wetaskiwin
Photos in WetaskiwinSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues