"Historic Yale" Yale by Darby2
Yale Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 9 photos
Yale...no, we're not talking University here...
It was one of the most important stopping points in the early days of the Cariboo Gold Rush. It sits on the west bank of the Fraser River about 12 miles north of Hope. There was, and still is, a modest gold find in this area when many of the sandbars were panned and sluiced for the lustrous yellow metal.
The Fraser Canyon is one of the most spectacular river gorges on the continent. It begins just north of Hope and stretches north to places like Emory Creek, Yale, Alexandra Bridge, Hell's Gate, Boston Bar, North Bend, Kanaka Bar, Siska, Lytton, Lillooet, Fountain, Pavilion and Moran.
The early wagon road was built on cribbing that was precariously hung from the canyon walls. The present Trans Canada Highway was completed in the early 1960's.
Darby2's Related Pages
Yale Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yale
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Yale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yale
Top 10 Pages
- Chilko Lake Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain House Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- One Hundred Mile House Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 1 review, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stony Plain Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pavilion Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lillooet Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues