"MylesD's new Merida AND Progreso page" Mérida by MylesD
Mérida Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 99 photos
In March 2001, i flew to Merida in order to complete a week-long TESOL training course. During this week i stayed in the beautiful tourist town of Progreso (located 15 minutes away from the busy streets of Merida).
I was lucky enough to have time on my side, so i took advantage of the fact that i was in one of the nicest spots in the entire Yucatan. Progreso is developing at an astounding rate and at this pace, it'll become just as big as Cancun in a few years. I was lucky enough to go during its "early days" and those seaside walks are engraved in my mind for ever.
(lots of pictures will come soon)
I don't know much of Merida's nightlife, even though i spent 2 weeks there (alone however). In Progreso, check out the... more travel advice
In Merida, try to find the 'OXXO' (or OXO) stores. They're like a 7-11 and they usually have sandwiches and hamburgers... more travel advice
MylesD's Related Pages
Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "pollon's new Merida Page"
- "Visiting Maya"
- "Merida and the Yucatan"
- "Merida y Ek Balam"
- "City No. 2"
- "RitchiS1's new Merida Page"
- "MylesD's new Merida AND Progreso page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mérida
- Hotels in Mérida
- Transportation in Mérida
- Nightlife in Mérida
- Restaurants in Mérida
- Shopping in Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Mérida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mérida
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mérida
Top 10 Pages
- Broken Hill Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Xian Shan Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews
- Budapest Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quebec Intro, 8 reviews, 1 photo
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews
- Maine 7 reviews
- New York City Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue