"Navihawk's new Nigeria Page" Nigeria by Navihawk
Nigeria Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,082 photos
Lagos is a mammoth of a city. In as much as being once of the most developed cities in Africa at that time, it was also and still is very populous. I stayed at the Federal Palace hotel for 6 months whilst waiting for the company to find us accomodation. In the end, we ended up moving to Kenya as we were not successful in getting accomodationin the area we wanted. At the time I was there, Kool and the Gang were performing in Lagos. I am sure you old timers remember the group. Lagos was also famous for it's 1005 flats/Apartments if you like. Not a very clean city though. And the open air market was not a good place to buy food. All in all, it was a generally a very wonderful place to live in. Learning about the main tribes that seem to have been at strife for a long time, the Yoruba and Ibo, was a learning experience. I was yound at the time and really did not take much of an interest in the political arena. As far as safety is concerned, Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, is not very safe. The CIA world fact book or even their site should be able to give travellers some tips on travel to the West African nation.
Navihawk's Related Pages
Nigeria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nigeria - Between Myth and Reality"
- "My Sojurn to Enugu State"
- "A business trip to Nigeria"
- "Sanu! Sanu !"
- "Guardian624's new Nigeria Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nigeria
- Hotels in Nigeria
- Transportation in Nigeria
- Nightlife in Nigeria
- Restaurants in Nigeria
- Shopping in Nigeria
- Warnings and Dangers in Nigeria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nigeria
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Nigeria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nigeria
Top 10 Pages
- Edmonton Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Zimbabwe Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Calgary Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Nassau 1 review, 5 photos
- North America Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Zambia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 1 photo
- Nigeria Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.