"Fek! I never knew that..." Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by Catspjm

Belfast Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 785 photos

'Wataboutyee?'

Can I start by saying that I am delighted to see that over 8000 people have had the great taste to visit my Belfast page. Amazingly not everyone has found it infantile or offencive. If you are amused, I would love to hear from you. If not, lets just keep that our little secret. I hope it raises a smile if nothing else.

I always think that the hardest travel page you will ever write is about your own home town. Especially when you have grown up and lived there most of your life. So I have decided to look at Belfast as if I were a tourist. Looking again at the things I take for granted and seeing Belfast through fresh eyes.
There are those who may argue that I need glasses for these new eyes, but I guess until you visit Belfast, you will never know.
I hope you enjoy and that my images, both visual and mental, help you question, if not get rid of, any preconceptions you may have about Belfast.

My thanks to those I have 'borrowed' pictures from. Consider that you have inspired me and share in both the credit and the blame for this page. You are my muses.

In the picture above we find Mari, a mad Estonian discovered roaming the streets of Belfast. We have never met, but she has some great pics of Northern Ireland. As she is wearing a nice red top, she will be our tour guide for part of this virtual journey. I have asked her to keep her arms down for future pictures, as she has somehow managed to clear what is normally the busiest street in Belfast.
Behind her is the City hall, originally built as The White Linen Hall in the late 1800's.
Linen, ship building and leprechaun production were Belfast's three largest industries at this time. Sadly both Linen production and ship building are virtually no longer in existence.

Do let me know what you think of the finished article and feel free to tip your tour guide :-)

And always remember...'We know where you live...'

• Pros:Well there's the...
  • Cons:but on the other hand I have to concede...
  • In a nutshell:Fek it! I'll let you make your own mind up...
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2007

• gildapaolina's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Your pages are amazings and I love the Mourne Mountains: what an incredible place!!! Hope to visit on my next trip :) Cheers!!! Gil

• Nov 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Though very nice, Belfast Lough, Northern Ireland mostly resembles the lake in that photo nil. While hills do rise up not far from the lough, Belfast Lough lies at the immediate coast of a flat land basin.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 12:30 PM

That car parking photo does bring back memories of the CA freeway....... which, by the way, I do not miss at all.

• erik.p's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Love the tips! Keep up the good work.

• chess_machine's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Great introduction page on Belfast. I love your sentence "Looking again at the things I take for granted" about your hometown. It is so true.

• BLUENOSEBEAR's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 6:59 AM

howboutye Pete ! Top pages mate,looking forward to our trip to your fair city in October,awrabest c,")

• Hildeal's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 5:44 AM

I really enjoyed your Belfast page. Hope I get the chance to visit one day:)

• dtownkitty's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 12:23 PM

I am enjoying your Belfast pages> :)

• Irish-Pixie's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 6:35 AM

hilarious! Definitely looking at our fair city differently....!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 5:19 AM

there is some real humour in here somewher amonst the humour. good stuff

Catspjm Lives Here!

Catspjm

“"Alea iacta est"”

Badges & Stats in Belfast

Have you been to Belfast?

Latest Activity in Belfast