"Fek! I never knew that..." Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by Catspjm
Belfast Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 867 photos
Can I start by saying that I am delighted to see that over 8000 people have had the great taste to visit my Belfast page. Amazingly not everyone has found it infantile or offencive. If you are amused, I would love to hear from you. If not, lets just keep that our little secret. I hope it raises a smile if nothing else.
I always think that the hardest travel page you will ever write is about your own home town. Especially when you have grown up and lived there most of your life. So I have decided to look at Belfast as if I were a tourist. Looking again at the things I take for granted and seeing Belfast through fresh eyes.
There are those who may argue that I need glasses for these new eyes, but I guess until you visit Belfast, you will never know.
I hope you enjoy and that my images, both visual and mental, help you question, if not get rid of, any preconceptions you may have about Belfast.
My thanks to those I have 'borrowed' pictures from. Consider that you have inspired me and share in both the credit and the blame for this page. You are my muses.
In the picture above we find Mari, a mad Estonian discovered roaming the streets of Belfast. We have never met, but she has some great pics of Northern Ireland. As she is wearing a nice red top, she will be our tour guide for part of this virtual journey. I have asked her to keep her arms down for future pictures, as she has somehow managed to clear what is normally the busiest street in Belfast.
Behind her is the City hall, originally built as The White Linen Hall in the late 1800's.
Linen, ship building and leprechaun production were Belfast's three largest industries at this time. Sadly both Linen production and ship building are virtually no longer in existence.
Do let me know what you think of the finished article and feel free to tip your tour guide :-)
And always remember...'We know where you live...'
- Pros:Well there's the...
- Cons:but on the other hand I have to concede...
- In a nutshell:Fek it! I'll let you make your own mind up...
Save your money and graze to your heart’s content in one of Belfast’s numerous parks, with our complements… :-) The... more travel advice
The restaurant and eating out scene in Belfast has changed beyond belief over the last ten years. All tastes and price... more travel advice
- See All Keep your car windows closed
- See All A Danish for the same price as your...
- See All Peace and tranquility
- Wildlife Boat Trips
Catspjm's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quick Trip To Belfast"
- "Fek! I never knew that..."
- "Belfast - no more a Troubled City?"
- "Suvankis Day Trip to Belfast for 2 pence!"
- "A real gem in the Emerald Isle"
- "Much more interesting than I expected......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 28 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 28 reviews, 23 photos
- Portstewart Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sorrento Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Galway Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Ayia Napa Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Capri Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Sligo Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos