"Balfor's Atlanta Page" Atlanta by balfor

Atlanta Travel Guide: 1,494 reviews and 2,681 photos

Atlanta is in interesting city. It is full of traditionally southern sights and sounds, not to mention the epitome of southern cooking. <"So this is a grit" Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny!> But it is also a leading town for high tech industries such as Telecommunications and Aviation. (The F-22 Raptor, the new stealth fighter, will be built here.) The frantic pace of the city can be left behind in a very short trip to Lake Lanier or to the Georgia mountains. Atlanta has everything you could want in a town except for the ocean. (Having formerly lived in Virginia Beach, Virginia, I miss that in a city.)

The Atlanta area

Map of area courtesy of Mapquest. As you can see, there are quite a few cities in the Atlanta Metro area. I will try to creat links and information for the things I know in each of the cities and to make my Atlanta page something worth checking out. :-)

The following are links to some of the cities in the Atlanta area. I will do my best to create and expand on all of those as I am able to. Also, I will put the information under the correct city, so please explore these pages as well since they are all part of the Metro Atlanta experience.

Decatur
Doraville
East Point
Fairburn
Forest Park
Hapeville (where I actually live)
Lawrenceville
Sandy Springs
Stone Mountain
Tucker

Dreamcicle Cake

I was charged with the task of making an orange cake for a luncheon at work. This is what I came up with. It is an orange/vanilla cream cake and was declared to be the best cake I've made thus far by my co-workers. :-) And I must say, it was rather tasty! (sorry for the poor quality of the photo. I forgot to take a picture of it, so this was done with a mobile phone camera.)

• Pros:Loads of nightlife and restaurants, many cultural destinations
  • Cons:Traffic is horrible, the metro isn't great and there is no ocean.
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2007

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM

What'll have, ,What'll have? MC Dog! Just saw a very nice documentary on the Varsity. Oh, how I'd love to open a hot-dog stand like the Varsity in Athens, Greece!!! Think we could convince them to do a franchise? Hugs, Janet

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM

The aquarium is a very nice visit, and it looks like you find other spots to enjoy. WE get here 1-2 times a year to see daughter and SIL in Kennesaw

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM

You rock dude. Thanks for making my residency a mini vacation. BTW you forgot your bag, when you come visit NY I will give it to you.

• Apr 26, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Hi Chris! Your page makes me hungry for cake! Have a good time in the Philippines. We'll wait for your pics!

• Kisses&Co's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Sigh! Another piccie of my weakness!! Hayyy, yummy cake!! ;o) I have enjoyed those great pics & tips! Thanks for a virtual tour! :-) Catch your another travel pages next time again! :-) See ya! ;o)

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Hey Chris, I'm hearing interesting things about the Clermont Lodge...been working here the past few weeks & was across the street for lunch today. We didn't go in though *grin*

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 9:59 PM

I've been to Atlanta many years ago, and really enjoyed your city. Great tips and nice info here. Many greetings from the desert / Jess in Dubai :-)

• poons's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 11:03 AM

hahaha... it was meant as a plea of what to do with a raw half lamb! You're no help, you're not!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Where are your Clermont Lounge Tips?!

• MAIGO's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Hi ! Thank you for come my poor Carlow page. It's a splendid Atlanta guide ! You're in the Big city of southern state. and I love cakes, too! yum yum......

balfor Lives Here!

balfor

“Okay, I got it all together.... now where did I put it?”

Badges & Stats in Atlanta

Have you been to Atlanta?

Latest Activity in Atlanta