"Balfor's Atlanta Page" Atlanta by balfor
Atlanta Travel Guide: 1,531 reviews and 2,728 photos
Atlanta is in interesting city. It is full of traditionally southern sights and sounds, not to mention the epitome of southern cooking. <"So this is a grit" Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny!> But it is also a leading town for high tech industries such as Telecommunications and Aviation. (The F-22 Raptor, the new stealth fighter, will be built here.) The frantic pace of the city can be left behind in a very short trip to Lake Lanier or to the Georgia mountains. Atlanta has everything you could want in a town except for the ocean. (Having formerly lived in Virginia Beach, Virginia, I miss that in a city.)
Map of area courtesy of Mapquest. As you can see, there are quite a few cities in the Atlanta Metro area. I will try to creat links and information for the things I know in each of the cities and to make my Atlanta page something worth checking out. :-)
The following are links to some of the cities in the Atlanta area. I will do my best to create and expand on all of those as I am able to. Also, I will put the information under the correct city, so please explore these pages as well since they are all part of the Metro Atlanta experience.
Hapeville (where I actually live)
I was charged with the task of making an orange cake for a luncheon at work. This is what I came up with. It is an orange/vanilla cream cake and was declared to be the best cake I've made thus far by my co-workers. :-) And I must say, it was rather tasty! (sorry for the poor quality of the photo. I forgot to take a picture of it, so this was done with a mobile phone camera.)
- Pros:Loads of nightlife and restaurants, many cultural destinations
- Cons:Traffic is horrible, the metro isn't great and there is no ocean.
The Georgia Aquarium is not just about the huge tanks and monster reefs.... They also have some critters from freshwater... more travel advice
Taco Macs (yes, there are numerous locations around town) always have a great selection of beers and pretty good food.... more travel advice
balfor's Related Pages
Atlanta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Monuments"
- "Big city livin in the South"
- "Atlanta & Coca Cola"
- "atlanta georgia"
- "Atlanta - full of surprises"
- "Capital of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atlanta
- Hotels in Atlanta
- Transportation in Atlanta
- Nightlife in Atlanta
- Restaurants in Atlanta
- Shopping in Atlanta
- Warnings and Dangers in Atlanta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atlanta
- 28 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 242 Forum posts
- 72 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Atlanta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atlanta
Top 10 Pages
- Atlanta Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 92 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Marbella Intro, 5 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thule Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hapeville Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Bamberg Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Aboyne Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos