"My day trip to Aboyne" Aboyne by balfor
Aboyne Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 17 photos
I spent a day in Aboyne during the Highland Games while I was staying in Aberdeen.
This is a small town that is easily reached and only 40 minutes outside of Aberdeen.
(picture heisted from http://www.aboynegames.com should you need to know that I didn't take the picture....)
Even though the day started out bright and sunny, keep in mind that you are in Scotland. You're going to get wet at some point, the question is when, not if it is going to rain!
- Pros:It is a slice of Scotland, outside the normal tourist haunts.
- Cons:I didn't spend enough time there to discover any.
- In a nutshell:Close enough to Aberdeen to visit, but quaint enough to be cozy.
This is a good picture of one of the pipers walking across the open field. more travel advice
In this competition, one throws a 28 pound (12.75KG) weight over a bar. Whomever can attain the greatest height wins... more travel advice
balfor's Related Pages
Aboyne Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Aboyne
- Hotels in Aboyne
- Restaurants in Aboyne
- Warnings and Dangers in Aboyne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aboyne
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Aboyne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aboyne
Top 10 Pages
- Atlanta Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 49 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 92 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Marbella Intro, 5 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thule Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hapeville Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Bamberg Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Aboyne Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos