"Amazing Ezhou" Ezhou by urban4est
Ezhou Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Ezhou, or to be more correct Lianhuashan which lies across the river from Ezhou. Was my first introduction to China and continues to be a spot I like to visit.
It was the Natural Therapy hospital, Lianhuashan Hospital, that attracted me. It lies over an hour by train east of Wuhan.
As Ezhou is very hot and humid in summer I recommend early fall for visiting or early spring. You say anywhere in China is hot and humid in summer? Think again, the area around Wuhan is known as one of the 3 "ovens of China", which includes Chongqing and Nanjing.
Hubei Sheng is known for retaining many Chinese traditions. The Art of Wushu is popular and there are Wushu schools where young people go to learn morals strength and academics.
Things have been changing though. Lianhuashan is shifting from the traditional to the modern. Ezhou City College has grown and ocuppies much of the Qi center that once prospered. Chinese shun qi (energy) therapies today because of a national ban on Qi Gung teaching and assembly. This was enacted to control the outlawed cult form Falun Gung but has effectively ended the spread of Qi Gung for health and disease treatment.
- Pros:Amazing culture and people
- Cons:city is not yet modernized (Pro?)
- In a nutshell:A Good Window To Central China
Here is an example of the carvings in the hall. The top of the hall was used for the energy vortex. Medicines prepared... more travel advice
Well this is not a danger but then I found none in Ezhou. i had never before seen one of these moths. It would visit... more travel advice
urban4est's Related Pages
Ezhou Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ezhou
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ezhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ezhou
Photos in EzhouSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Yantai Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Liaoyang Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wuhan Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ezhou Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Portland Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Fushun Intro, 1 review, 4 photos