"Fushun a Coal Mining Town" Fushun by urban4est

Fushun Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 46 photos

Jade Stores

I spent one day in Fushun. I had heard about the amber carvings made and sold there and hoped to find something interesting. The day proved to be very interesting indeed.

We took a taxi from Shenyang. The first shop was below a bridge. When I got out of the car over a dozen coal miners crowded to a rail to watch me. They were covered in coal.

As you can see the shop was filled to the door with lovely jade items from Xiuyan. You can even see a goldfish swimming in the jade fish bowl to the right.

City Street

I climbed the pedestrian overpass to take this picture. This is a main street in Fushun along which were several small shops selling jet and amber carvings.

As I came down to the sidewalk a man driving a donkey pulled cart passed by.

A city of transition

At this intersection you can see the means of transit used in Fushun. Here are bicycles, cars, buses and even donkey carts. The donkey serves northern China like the Water Buffalo does the south. Everything from burden to food.

• Pros:Unique Jade and Amber carvings as well as a great Korean restaurant
  • Cons:heavy industrial pollution
  • In a nutshell:An interesting experience
  • Last visit to Fushun: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 30, 2004

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 4:25 AM

Zdravstvui!:))) I see you know China very well. I have heard that it is quite an interesting and unforgettable country to visit. Is it true?

urban4est

“May each place you pass be better for your having been there and may you grow from having passed by.”

Badges & Stats in Fushun