"Beautiful Gateway to Changjiang (Yangtze River)" Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang by urban4est

Yichang Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 167 photos

The city of Yichang was beautiful. It is located on the Changjiang. This is the place to catch the cruise ships near Wuhan. I wish I had more time to spend here. The overnight stay at the Yichang International Hotel was a needed rest before traveling on the river. From the hotel a magnificent bridge spans the river. Also nearby is a little restaurant where I had perhaps the best noodles of my trip.

• Pros:Beautiful City with good food
  • Cons:not enough time to find out
  • In a nutshell:A place people pass through next time I'd like more time there
  • Last visit to Yichang: Oct 2003
  • Intro Written Nov 30, 2003

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Ah, nice bridge! Uh, the bridge of which you speak is in Boston, downtown. I couldn't figure out its name -- it didn't seem to have any signage on it (like most Boston streets)...

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 10:39 PM

I guess that it is a little bit different to spaghetti but just as good.... That bridge reminds me of the Anzac Bridge in Sydney. Thank you.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 8:59 PM

Beautiful shot of the bridge! Hard for me to imagine food tastier than in Kunming but I take your word for it :-)))

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 6:09 AM

It are sometimes those little things that settle in your memory for ages...noodles.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 11:09 PM

You did a cruise on the Yangzi river?? Would love to hear more about it!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Laowais love noodles!

urban4est

“May each place you pass be better for your having been there and may you grow from having passed by.”

Badges & Stats in Yichang

Have you been to Yichang?