"It isn't where we go; it is the choices we make" urban4est's Profile
"Many times, people called us revolutionaries. I like that, although it often seems used in a negative sense, by the deceivers. Revolution refers to something traveling in a circle. All the creator's work seems to be in a circle--the Earth, the Moon, the seasons, or a man's life.
If my imprisonment in any way has brought a view to the public of how we should stand together, how we need to protect our freedoms and regain what we have lost ... then I feel honored. There is no reason why technology can't ultimately be used to protect our Mother Earth.
Let us be revolutionaries in such a way that we enhance the circle of life. Let us be revolutionaries that our children, generation after generation, shall enjoy freedom and a healthy clean Mother Earth. Let our lives be based in the circle, not some straight line that has a dead end.'
Leonard Peltier on the occassion of his 60th birthday 2004 in federal prison
I was born in the USA. During my childhood my father's job took us to many states. At 52 I continue to enjoy traveling. Seeing a new place and learning about its environment and learning from the people there is one of the greatest things i know of in life.
Recently I experienced China for the first time. It was wonderful. Previously I have lived in many parts of the United States and Japan. I had also traveled in Canada, Mexico and Korea.
I hope you will look at some of my pages.
I joined VT 2 years ago. That was the year I made my first trip to China. Since then I have been there 4 times. Each trip was different and on each I made new friends and learned many things.
This trip was supposed to be so I could rest. But I couldn't resist researching more in the healing arts.
I am a Massage Therapist and Certified Aromatherapist. I have studied many techniques but specialize in chair massage for restoring mobility and reducing pain.
This trip I went to Shenyang, Liaoyang and Yantai. Yantai was a wonderful seaside community. In Liaoyang I wanted to learn about Xao Er Tuina (Infant Massage) Via the internet I had made contact with Dr. Zhang and her family. Dr. Zhang and her mother operate a clinic for childhood illnesses treating with Xao Er Tuina. For 2.5 days they taught me and showed me the city. To understand her work please visit her website which is in English and offers extensive explanation of case studies http://members.tripod.com/tuina-ivil/index.html
This is the third trip I have taken that involved the healing arts. My first was to Lianhuashan hospital where I experienced Medical Qi Gung and was taught Tuina and Cupping. In 2003 I returned with an American style massage chair and taught chair massage at the hospital. Thus we exchanged the gifts we had. Now I have been exposed to another Chinese Energy Treatment, Xao Er Tuina.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“May each place you pass be better for your having been there and may you grow from having passed by.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 2 5 9 4
- Forum Rank:
- 0 3 8 2 0
- Real Name
- Dan Cohen
- California, United States of America
- Member Since
- May 3, 2002
- 57 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 57 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Uploaded a Photo to "VTers Shenyang Get Together"
- urban4est and yangshu are now friends.
- Commented on sugarpuff's profile page
- created a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco Here I Come!"
- Wrote a Review The Greatest Danger in Yantai in Yantai Warnings and Dangers
updated their Profile Page "It isn't where we go; it is the choices we make"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Unravelling the Male..."
PhotosSee All Photos (86)
Top 10 Pages
- Yantai Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Liaoyang Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wuhan Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ezhou Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Portland Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yichang Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Fushun Intro, 1 review, 4 photos