"MY HOME TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti by Sininen

Lahti Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 384 photos

When we moved to this area back in 1974 I always thought it was only temporary. Well, 30 years have passed and even I have to admit that I am here to stay. I used to think that I don't want to get to know this town. To me it was too small and too ugly, but I've begun to see some pro's in it too, finally.

It is not all business and sports as I liked to think for many years, but also offers excellent possibilities for outdoor activities, has good theatre and "world famous" symphony orchestra.

Lahti is not after all that bad place to live in!!! It just took me a little while to realise it.

• Pros:Nature, culture, people, good connections
  • Cons:Too much sport to my taste
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2005

• sihi's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Interesting city. Nice tips and page:)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM

What a wonderful and colorful display you have of this wonderful area. You have a pleasant environment and sure you are happy there.

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Your Lahti page is very nice, thanks a lot.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Lovely photos & tips. I was dancing with a man from Finland last week in a restaurant in Bali. Made me realise I know nothing about your country.

• afsarbaf's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2007 at 8:43 AM

Very nicely placed web. Very informative as well.. And thanks for the comments in my page...

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 8:29 AM

I love to read about local customs. I like the one about visiting graveyards at Christmas. Wonderful custom! Beautiful pictures too.

• kmohandas's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 9:40 AM

You live in a woderful place.Great indded.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Thank's ot the comment on my Valle de Angeles page, I try to make people to learn something about my littlle country, It's so nice to read about it in some Vt travelers homepages.. Your page is beautifull.... Ismael

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Until I get there thanks for the nice virtual travel !

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2007 at 3:28 PM

visted "sachara" s ghana then Mocambique, have an urge to get there again, alas ;-)))

Sininen Lives Here!