"A few hours in Loviisa" Loviisa by Sininen
Loviisa Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 103 photos
I had a friend from Eastern Finland visiting me last week and we had already decided last year that we'd visit Porvoo together. When she came I suggested that we'd drive back to Lahti via Loviisa and she agreed. We were quite tired after having walked hours in Porvoo, so our stay in Loviisa was a short one and we only saw the main square and buildings near to it, so I need to go back and see more. What I saw I really enjoyed.
Degerby town was founded as border and fortress town in 1745 in the lands of Degerby Riding Farm. It was named Loviisa after King Adolf Fredrik of Sweden wife Lovisa Ulrika during his visit. The king liked the town so much that wanted to give it the name of his Queen.
There are about 7400 inhabitants in Loviisa. There are fortresses, old wooden town and 19th century centre in Loviisa.
Bongan Linna is renovated by an artists couple Riitta Nelimarkka and Jaakko Seeck and is nearly 100 years old. In its... more travel advice
Sininen's Related Pages
Loviisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Välkommen till Lovisa och Borgå!"
- "A few hours in Loviisa"
- "Loviisa by gb13"
- "Keep your doors locked and windows up"
- "Off the Beaten Track"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loviisa
- Hotels in Loviisa
- Transportation in Loviisa
- Restaurants in Loviisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loviisa
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Loviisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loviisa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti Intro, 47 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 38 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vyborg Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos