"NOT ONLY MOBILE PHONES" Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia by Sininen
Nokia Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 128 photos
A small town of Nokia lies by the banks of Kokemäenjoki river only some 15 km west from Tampere. Population abt 28.000. Long time before Nokia mobile phones there were factories by the same name producing paper, carton, car tyres, rubber boots, chemicals and in fact no mobile phone has ever made in Nokia, though the town has given its name to the product we Finns are so proud of today! I lived in Nokia for 16 years, went to school there and started my working life. It is surprising how little the centre of the town has changed during the 30 something years I've been away!!!!
- In a nutshell:Pretty and quiet
In 1908 the handsome yellow bell tower was completed as the Nokia company's head office. more travel advice
The part of Kokemäenjoki-river which run through Nokia are called Nokianvirta on the banks of which were situated... more travel advice
Sininen's Related Pages
Nokia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NOT ONLY MOBILE PHONES"
- "City of Nokia- town of rubber, not visual hitech"
- "Nokia - the town, not that Telecomm. Company"
- "NOKIA - a name known worldwide"
- "Nokia - Hearth of Finnish electronics"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nokia
- Hotels in Nokia
- Transportation in Nokia
- Nightlife in Nokia
- Restaurants in Nokia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nokia
- 27 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Nokia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nokia
Photos in NokiaSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahti Intro, 47 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 38 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vyborg Intro, 20 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nokia Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos