"MORO!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere by Sininen

Tampere Travel Guide: 608 reviews and 1,132 photos

Do as I have already done!

For me Tampere is home though I have never lived there. I lived my childhood and teen years in NOKIA, which is only 15 km from Tampere and spent a lot of my time in Tampere. There I met my first boyfriends and got my first broken heart. There I went to rock concerts and had more fun. Tampere is full of memories for me, but it is much more than that.

With its 200.000 inhabitantants Tampere is the biggest inland city in the Nordic countries. it is located between two lakes; N?sij?rvi and Pyh?j?rvi, on a narrow isthmus. Though Tampere is often connected and not without a reason to industry it is much more than that. Did you know that in 1882 the first electric lights in the Nordic Countries switched on at Finlayson Factory?

• Pros:Big enough to be a city but still close to the nature
  • Cons:In "my" Tampere - NONE!!!!
  • Last visit to Tampere: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 31, 2005

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 9:44 AM

I would like to visit Tampere but it's too far from my possible way to Turku by car next year... Carl Ludvig Engel left great tracks here as everywhere in Finland. That's why its cities look very Russians I think. Happy New Year coming soon!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 5:22 AM

Wow- that is an impressive travel map. I've been here on your Finland pages before and will return. Grazie, Carol

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 4:10 AM

i remember going friday nights when i was a teenager to Hämppi street and drink with my finnish friends iihiih and shopping at koskikeskus, so cool :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 7:44 PM

>black sausage with champagne< Why not ? I must try that ! What is the name of Tamperere dialect ? It seems very different from Finnish!

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 5:05 PM

solo estuve de paso...q ciudad mas preciosa...volvere !!!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 11:32 AM

I spent a few weeks in Finland last year and just two days in Tampere. I liked it very much. And you know what? I also found that toilet in Sokos department store!

• Dec 9, 2004 at 9:15 AM

Hi Sini, nice Tampere page. I worked for a short time at Nokia. Did'nt realise it was a place name as well. I spent a weekend in Helsinki connected with my job at Nokia, its a lovely city. Regards from Martin

Sininen Visits Here Frequently!

Sininen

“You can do it!”

Badges & Stats in Tampere

Have you been to Tampere?

Latest Activity in Tampere