"Worst kind of tourist trap" Top 5 Page for this destination Sunny Beach by Sininen

Sunny Beach Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 280 photos

The first night after taking a stroll in the beach and in town we knew that we could never spend two weeks in Sunny Beach! We would die of boredom before that. There was nothing typically Bulgarian in Sunny Beach, it was all built for tourists. Don't take this wrong. For somebody who loves to lay on the beach duirng the day and party at night Sunny Beach is a perfect place, but we are not interested in either of those things. It was my first package tour and last for many years. Luckily we did many day trips during those two weeks. We spent a day or two in Nesebar, a day sozopol, two days in Istanbul and did a trip to Rila Monastery and has a brief stay in Sofia. If you read all my pages you might think that we didn't like Bulgaria, but it is not true. We had great time there and had some not so common experiences there which we still remember with great fondness and laugh at them!

I just had to take a photo of that lady above. I thought she looked so lovely and when I asked her for a permission she showed with sign language that she didn't look good enough, needed to comb her hair etc. but I think she looked perfect.

My friend finds it amusing that I want to photograph subjects which she calls every day realism, but to me a good photo is not equivalent to pretty photo. A picture of ugly subject can be a good photo too.

• Last visit to Sunny Beach: Aug 1994
  • Intro Written Mar 14, 2006

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2007 at 9:36 AM

With a name like Sunny Beach I had to take a look see. I really enjoyed this page & your observations. I liked all your photos, even the trash cans. It's a shame people did not use them on the beach.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 9:36 PM

Yep, the Balkan Countries are different and interesting. A nice page about Sunny Beach.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 6:32 AM

death sea !! amazing i see !! i miss out on go there last year !! so far away from my tour !

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 1:30 AM

I understand what you mean, we went to Golden sands and thought the same, yet we bought an appartment 35 miles south of Varna 5 mims from the coast .........mmmmm lovely take a look

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 2:00 PM

I do love sunny Beach - for me it has all . And it offers what most of the people came here for - Sun , fun and cheap alcohol. Few are these that wanna know more about the country they are in.who cares if they can get drunk for less than nothing?

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Very interesting tips! thank you

Sininen

“You can do it!”

Badges & Stats in Sunny Beach

Have you been to Sunny Beach?

Latest Activity in Sunny Beach