"ON MY WAY TO HONDURAS I STOPPED" Estelí by Sininen

Estelí Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 22 photos

IN ESTELÍ

It was raining hard when I arrived in Estelí and the sidewalks were muddy. I wondered what on earth I was doing there. I checked in the hotel and decided to take a little walk as the rain had ceased. I didn't get far before it started to rain again - and hard - so I popped in to an Internet Café (and ended my computer free holiday!). After an hour rain had stopped but city looked miserable still. I couldn't wait to get away.

NEXT MORNING

As I walked to have my breakfast the sun was shining and the city looked completely different. I wished I could have stayed longer and explore its surroundings as well, of which I had read in my room in the previous night. Though I wouldn't call Estelí a very attractive place it has special kind of charm and its people are friendly. One day I might go back there.

• Last visit to Estelí: Sep 2005
  • Intro Written Nov 19, 2005

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Good info. but not sure there sounds like anything to see here. At least it was cheap to stay in Esteli!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM

You are lucky to be able to sleep even if loud music is played. I can't. I might stop in Estelí when I come from Honduras.

Sininen