"CITY OF MURALS" Top 5 Page for this destination León by Sininen

León Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 510 photos

If I hadn't stayed so many days in Granada I would have stayed at least one more day in León, but I was running out of time and had to make such a rush visit to this very interesting city full of history.

I tried not to compare León with Granada because I knew that the competition would be very hard for León. Fortunately León had its own special charm and I instantly liked it.

I found the murals, which you can find all over the city, most fascinating and took lots of photos of them. They seemed to be typical for León and nothing like I had seen anywhere else before.

• Last visit to León: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Nice tips!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

enjoyed your story in the bank

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I'm looking forward to visit León later this year!

• Mar 25, 2008 at 11:14 PM

When you go to Rome you do what Romans do, do not be ignorant about other cultures, you do not impose yours onto other people, please educate yourself!!!!

• Apr 8, 2007 at 4:34 AM

... standard taxi fare in León during normal weekday work hours then was 10 cordoba per person within the paved city grid. So 50 to El Fortín (for 2 people) is probably okay... gasoline is expensive there (in 2005 it was about 100 cordoba a gallon).

• Jan 2, 2007 at 1:30 PM

You do not seem to have much patience! Another rude turista and we have to follow people like you! To bad and so sad. Paul Cowan

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Very helpful warning tips, I'll make sure to remember them when I travel through Nicaragua.

Sininen